I frequently get questions, LOTS of questions about how to flirt. So you see it’s NOT just YOU that wants to know. Read on. 🧐
FIRST AND FOREMOST, DON’T PANIC! 😱
– Remember to breathe. – Relax and calm yourself or you will freeze.
BE SELF CONFIDENT WITHOUT ARROGANCE – If you do the “I’m hot spit on a silver platter” thing, you’ll come off as really being “warm saliva in a paper cup”. – However, if you don’t act like “you’re worth someone’s time, you aren’t. – If you lack self-confidence at first, that’s normal. – You may need to “fake it till you make it”. – If you don’t ever “make it”, get some professional help.
MAKE EYE CONTACT😀
-Making eye contact is very important when flirting -Get caught looking.
-Don’t stare, but do cast glances.
-Keep looking until you are noticed. -Hold the other persons gaze for a few seconds. -Then smile and look away. – Be sure to make eye contact when talking with your potential partner. Especially when offering compliments.
– Smile in lots of different ways at different times. -Try employing a slow smile, letting your face “light up”, as you look at the person you like. – Use a sly, shy smile – Smile when you walk past him/her. – Smile when you make eye contact. – Smile with your whole face, grin from ear to ear. – SMIZE – Smile with your eyes.
– NO CHEESY PICK UP LINES!!!
There is very little in this world less attractive than the dreaded “CPL”.
– Introduce yourself if the person you are interested in doesn’t know you. – Initiate conversation. – Start talking about something that you can turn into a question. – What you say isn’t as important as taking the opportunity to invite the person to talk with you.
– Find common ground if possible. – Comment on a class you have in common or the Google bus you
share on the way to work. – Gauge the person. If they respond, continue.
– If not, or the individual in question seems preoccupied or disinterested he or she is probably not interested in you. If so, stand down.
KEEP IT LIGHT🥳
– Don’t bring up anything too personal when you’re talking initially. – Talk about a movie you just saw. – Don’t start out with topics like religion, money, relationships, politics etc. – There is plenty of time to get to the above. – In the beginning talk about fun things, animal companions, vacations, TV shows. – I am not suggesting that you “talk down to anyone”, I just mean that you need to relax, be playful and avoid “deep” conversations right out of the gate.
USE BODY LANGUAGE TO 😊 COMMUNICATE YOUR INTENTIONS – Keep your stance open.
-Don’t cross your arms and legs. – Turn your body toward your crush. – Gently break the touch barrier. – Casually initiate physical touch by GENTLY touching the person’s forearm or hand. – Do not grasp, grab or trap the person with your body!
– All of these types of touching can be rejected without humiliation or offense. – The other person can reject the touch if they aren’t ready, without rejecting you. – RESPECT the response you get!!!
Back off if the person shows reluctance or discomfort of any kind.
COMPLIMENT THE PERSON🤩
– It may seem forward, but if you are really interested in them romantically it can help keep you out of the “friend zone”. – As indicated earlier, maintain eye contact when complimenting. – Looking away might make you seem insincere. – Lower the tone and volume of your voice slightly. It’s more intimate and may encourage the other person to come closer. -Be thoughtful when complimenting a
person’s looks as it can feel CREEPY !!
– When making physical compliments stick to things like, eyes, smile, hands or hair.
KEEP INITIAL INTERACTIONS BRIEF🥰
– Don’t let conversations drag on too long at first as it increases the chances of running into awkward silences. – DON’T BE A SPOOKY STALKER PERSON!!!
You don’t necessarily have to talk to him/ her every day.
Leave a little space for the other person to reach out to you. – I repeat DON’T STALK!!!
DON’T TALK ABOUT YOURSELF TOO MUCH🤫
-Ask lots of questions. – Example: “So what do you do when you’re not at work/ school?”
– This keeps the conversation going and gives you valuable info about your “person of interest”.
– Preface comments like this with “I hope this doesn’t sound too forward. but I think you are, amazing, beautiful, incredible etc. – But don’t come on too strong too soon. Don’t give the game away before you have had time to develop a little bit if connection, it’s a turn off!
– Nothing sexual
-Nothing disgusting ( poop, flatulence, burping etc.).
ALWAYS LEAVE THEM WANTING MORE😎
– Set up your next interaction when leaving
– “See you tomorrow?” or “We’ll talk soon.”
– DO NOT attempt to be someone you are not, it’s a HUGE turn off !!!
– Your authenticity, kindness, compassion and thoughtfulness will always win the day – VERY SEXY!!
REJECTION IS A NORMAL PART OF PROCESS.🙃
– It happens to all of us. – It doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you, it just wasn’t a good fit. – You will undoubtedly do some rejecting as well. – So, whatever role you are in BE KIND and don’t make the process difficult. – DO NOT use guilt or manipulation.
– If you do the relationship is doomed before it’s even begun.
You CAN do this!! 👏🏽👍🏻
During some “alone time” try out some flirting moves in front of a mirror.
Practice makes perfect. Wishing you lots of 💜!